If you forgot your WiFi network password, you can find it if you have another Windows PC already connected to your WiFi network. After you find your password, you can use it on another PC or device to connect to your WiFi network.
- On a Windows PC that’s connected to your WiFi network, do one of the following, depending on which version of Windows is running on your PC:
- On Windows 10, you select the Start button, then select Settings > Network & Internet > Status > Network and Sharing Center.
- On Windows 7 or 8.1, you search for Network and, then select Network and Sharing Center from the list of results.
- In Network and Sharing Center, next to Connections, select your WiFi network name.
- In WiFi Status, select Wireless Properties.
- In Wireless Network Properties, select the Security tab, then select the Show characters check box.
Your Wi-Fi network password is displayed in the Network security key box.