When you copy music, videos and pictures from your PC to a blank CD or DVD, it’s called “burning” . You can use Windows Media Player to do it .
How to Burn CDs or DVDs
With Windows Media Player, you can burn three kinds of discs: audio CDs, data CDs, and data DVDs. To decide which kind of disc you should use, you’ll need to think about what you want to copy, how much you’re copying, and how you want to play the disc. This table helps you decide what type of disc to use.
Choose this option if you want to make music CDs that you can play in your car, on your stereo, or on your PC.
You can play a data CD on PCs and some CD and DVD players. The device must support the file types that you add to the disc, such as WMA, MP3, JPEG, or Windows Media Video (WMV). Choose this option if you have lots of music and a CD or DVD player that can play the file types you add to the disc or if you want to back up your media.
You can play a data DVD on PCs and some DVD players. The device must support the file types that you add to the disc, such as WMA, MP3, JPEG, or WMV. Choose this option if you have a lot of files that won’t fit on a single CD because a data DVD has a lot of space.
You’ll need two things to get started:
- A CD or DVD recorder drive (also known as a CD or DVD burner).
- A blank CD or DVD.
You can make a CD that stores about 80 minutes of music and will play in almost any CD player. Or you can make a data CD or DVD that can hold several hours of music (or many photos or short video clips) and will play in PCs. A data CD will work in CD players that support the file types copied to the disc.
Here’s how to burn an audio CD:
- Open Windows Media Player.
- In the Player Library, select the Burn tab, select the Burn options button , and then select Audio CD or Data CD or DVD.
- Insert a blank disc into your CD or DVD burner.If your PC has more than one CD or DVD drive, select the drive you want to use.
- Search for the items in your Player Library that you want to burn to the disc, and then drag them to the list pane (on the right side of the Player Library) to create a burn list.
- When you’re finished with the list, select Start burn.
- If you want to change the order of the items in the burn list, drag them up or down in the list.
- If you want to remove an item from the burn list, right-click the item, and then select Remove from list. This removes the item from the burn list, but doesn’t delete it from your PC.
- If your list has too many items for one disc, you can burn the remaining items to a second disc.
Tag : how to burn a cd , how to burn cds , how to burn a dvd