How to disable touchpad windows 10
Basically, you must uninstall your current driver; then, upon a restart it will automatically install the updated driver with which you can disable with Fn+F9 normally.
These are the steps to do so:
- Open up the Control Panel, then search for “Mouse” in the upper right search bar. Click on the first result to open up a “Mouse Properties” box.
- Navigate to the rightmost “Hardware” tab to find installed touchpad devices. Assuming device drivers for a mouse are installed, click on the device which is not your mouse. For my system, it was named, “Asus Support Device.”
- Once you have selected it, click on the “Properties” button near the bottom right to open up the device’s properties.
- A new box will appear; go to the second tab named “Driver” on it. Continue by clicking on the “Uninstall” button on the bottom. A new dialogue box will appear. Ensure that you will not “delete driver software,” and click “OK.”
- It will then ask you to restart your computer. Do so. After the restart, it should tell you that it is installing the new device driving for “ASUS Touchpad.” In my situation, it required me to restart my computer again.
- After the second restart, your touchpad driver should be completely up to date, and Fn+F9 will disable the touchpad, as it should.
You can watch this video to know How to disable touchpad windows 10 :
Tag : How to disable touchpad windows 10
Read more :