You may encounter an error when you try to start up LoL ( League of Legends ) . The error tells you “PvP.net Patcher Kernel has stopped working” and stops the program. In fact, it is an error that lots of people have come across.
Frustrating as it is, there are still some solutions to this error. You can try them one by one and see if any of them can fix your problem.
1) Run LOL game as administrator
This is the simplest yet most effective method for many people! It is strongly recommended that you have a try of it before anything else.
Just right-click on the LoL execution file (or its shortcut) and select Run as administrator.
2) Close the game LOL with Task Manager and reopen it
Sometimes you will need to completely close down your game and reopen it when you meet this error. To do this, perform the steps below.
- You hold Crt + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager.
- In Task Manager, go to Processes tab. Find all the processes related to LoL, including LoLClient.exe , LoLLauncher.exe, and LoLPatcher.exe. Right click on each of them and select End task to end these processes.
- Reopen your game and see if the problem resolves.
3) Remove some patch files of game LoL
If you meet PvP.net Patcher Kernel has stopped working error, you can remove some files of your game patch to solve the problem. This sometimes can be a good fix.
- Open File Explorer and navigate to where you have put your game. Then go to RADS folder.
- Open projects, lol_air_client, releases, and the latest folder inside releases. Delete the files called “releasemanifest” and “S_OK“.
- Then open deploy folder, and delete the files with the names of “logs“, “META-INF“, “lol.properties” and “LoLClient.exe“.
- Try starting your game. If this method works, it will take some time for the program to re-patch the recent patch.Tag :
fix pvp.net patcher kernel has stopped working , league of legends pvp.net patcher kernel has stopped working , pvp.net patcher kernel has stopped working windows 10 , pvp.net patcher kernel has stopped working windows 8 , pvp.net patcher kernel has stopped working windows 7